Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Said YES!!!! Now What?


I said YES! If you need to catch up to my stories leading to our engagement click here and then here

I said YES. I will marry you!!! Came home shared this special moment with family and friends (they all knew about it before me). Ran to the pc and changed my relationship status in Facebook from "in a relations ship with" to "Engaged." Why call everyone when Facebook makes it easy for us to announce it to the world and is free!

It would be nice if my Fiance will activate his damn Facebook account so I look like I'm engaged to someone. See picture below.
After many "GRATZ!" and "WOW" and "About f!@# time!" the next question that followed was "Did you decided on a date yet?"

The answer was um no. We honestly didn't know we had to set a date right away after I said YES or were we? Who sets this rules we want to know please. Where, how, what's next? Really, what's next? Where do I begin?

We decided that we will get married soon. When is soon? Fiance wanted Fall or Winter. At the end we decided Spring 2014, we have medical bills to pay and a car to pay off. This will give us time to do it right and most importantly time to plan it right. Did I mention I'm Puerto Rican and he is Greek? We have alot of planning to do.

So the wedding date is May 2014 that's a start to our planning. We have been doing research and found some helpful checklists online to begin our wedding planning. In a few weeks we should be getting our teeth whitening for our engagement picture according to one wedding planning checklist.

Jokes aside, I am excited but for a few seconds there I felt a bit overwhelmed. I never done this before. Where do I begin, budget, planning, UGH!!! I'm a good planner when it comes to my job and that's because I get paid for it. This is completely different because this is a special event in our lives and a one time event. I don't want to mess this up.I know we will be OK and our wedding will super special. We just have to laugh at our mistakes and learn from there. Right?! >.>

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment