Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Parte Dos

happybirthday parte dos photo happybirthdaypartedos_zps2e40f449.jpg

If you missed the first part of this post check it out here.

Ok so we left off when "BF" asked/told me we were going out to dinner.


Another clue something was “weird,” “BF” was getting dressed, not in jeans but dress pants nice sexy blue shirt and dress shoes. BF is on handsome Greek God.

WHAT!?! So I dressed up too even though he told me not to dressed up if I didn’t want. Right!

At the restaurant (which by the way I chose because we had a giftcard we never used), the "weird" acting continued specially toward the end of our dinner. Conversation was limited as he seemed very distracted and was not listening to what I was saying. He complained that he's stomach was hurting and could not finish his dinner. This is from someone who loves steak! So I sat there and got worried, maybe this was the reason why he was acting "weird" but since it was my birthday he wanted to do something for me. “BF” is selfless like that so it wouldn’t surprise me if he was actually sick but wanted to my day special.

I felt bad for him and asked for a box to take the rest of my dinner home. My "BF" excused himself from the table to go to the bathroom. I thought he was going to tell the staff it was my birthday and have them come around the table to sing me happy birthday. Mind you, I have told him and my family that I really, really dislike that. I was thinking this guy is going to get killed when he gets home for embarrassing me.

He came back from the "bathroom" and I asked if he was ok, like he answered before, he said yes. Three minutes later, the manager came out with a cute ice cream and a nice size candle to wish me a happy birthday and left. Nothing big, nothing embarrassing. I enjoyed my delicious dessert and BF stilled looked like he wanted to pass out.

As I walked outside, my "BF" calls me back to the restaurant because he had something else to give me and he didn't want to give it to me outside since it was dark for me to read.
Like a good girl, I head to the vestibule of the restaurant where he handed me a birthday card. The card was beautiful and he wrote how he loves me forever and wants to be with me forever.

After I read the beautiful card and turned to him, he interrupted me by saying, "I am going sick all doing trying to figure out how to do this without you embarrassing you!"
I looked at him like he was really going "weird" and he got down to his knee and brings out this black box from his pocket. "Would you marry me?" Right there, in the vestibule with people watching us.

My reply: OMG! OMG! Get up! and YES!

We hugged, we kissed right there in the vestibule.

WOW! Just simply WOW! Doesn't matter what age you are, being proposed to is really something amazing. The man I love, my soulmate, father of my children (we did things backwards), after all this years, he got down on his knee and proposed to me!!!

The ring, was a simple band with diamonds. Why not traditional engagement ring? We are not traditional, if you caught on to that. He knows I love simple. He said he thought about it and decided he wanted to give me something I would love.

If you read this blog or know us, we are frugal and money-savers. How did I not caught on to this and how did he managed to pay for this.

Well my FIANCE (from “BF” to FIANCE) sold things he didn't need, did computer work on the side. All that to get me a simple ring that I will always love. Just for that I love, love him even more! I would not change anything about this day. It was perfect, vestibule and all! He was stressing all day because he what if no was my answer. During the drive home I answered him by saying that if I said no he would of left my behind in the restaurant since he had the key.

Of course after all this, my stupid cellphone was dead. I couldn’t tell my close friends what was the reason to the “weirdness.”  My whole entire family knew about this and were waiting for us.

This day was amazing and a new chapter in my life that I wanted to share with all of you. My good amigas who put up with me all day trying to figure out what was going on and all.

Thank you. Muchas gracias!


No comments:

Post a Comment