Thursday, June 6, 2013

BuzzAgent - Fage


 Its been a while since I have posted something other than a freebie. As you all know I am a BuzzAgent and with that comes free items to review. Today, I want to give you my personal review about FAGE Greek Yogurt.

First, let me start by saying that this girl has never tried Greek Yogurt. Yes, my fiance is Greek and no he doesn't walk around the house eating Greek yogurt. Quite honestly, he doesn't eat yogurt.

What is Greek yogurt and what makes it different than regular yogurt? According to Prevention.com:
"The difference between Greek yogurt and regular yogurt is that they strain off the whey, [the watery part of milk that remains when milk is curdled] which makes it really thick and creamy," says Karen Roth, clinical nutritionist and founder of Karen Roth Nutrition in Los Angeles. "And because they're removing the whey, there's less sugar, fewer carbohydrates, and a lot more protein compared to regular yogurt."

*Read more: Prevention.com

Greek yogurt to me was on my list to try but never had a chance to. I was also curious about using Greek yogurt with cooking recipes as well. The opportunity to review this product was perfect. When I received my coupons I headed to my local grocery store and I came up with a small problem. They didn't carry the bigger size FAGE yogurt. I checked at other local grocery stores and the smaller size where only available. The only place I found it was Target and Walmart which by the way only carried FAGE Total 0% on the bigger size. All other local grocery stores did not carry the bigger size just the small one with flavor.

I came home around lunch time and I decided to try my FAGE yogurt to see what the rave was about. My first mouth full was interesting. FAGE yogurt is very creamy and rich and a bit sour towards the end. Keep in mind that my yogurt was plain with no fruit just plain. I wanted to try this yogurt in recipes too so I didn't want to purchase a flavored one. I added fresh bananas from my local Farmer's Market and wow  I was in Greek yogurt heaven. The rich and creamy flavor from FAGE yogurt with the sweet fresh taste of banana was a great choice. Very delicious!

 photo 2013-05-15174816_zpse1e98b0e.jpg
The next day, I decided to make use FAGE yogurt for a nice veggie and fruit smoothie recipe I found while reading my magazine. Again, it didn't disappoint at all the taste was rich and creamy and very delicious. What follow the next few days were other smoothies and recipes that included FAGE yogurt. I found tons of recipes here too.

FAGE yogurt will be added to my shopping list. It has many uses but most importantly, is delicious  and healthy. I do comment this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment